https://afstaxsavers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/AFS-icon.jpg 141 141 Kevin Kaye https://afstaxsavers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image.png Kevin Kaye2020-04-10 17:02:592020-04-10 17:03:00Starting Monday April 13th Applications will be in place for the Self-employed, 1099-Contractors, and Gig workers
Starting Monday April 13th
- Applications will be in place for the Self-employed, 1099-Contractors, and Gig workers
- These workers will start to receive the State and Federal benefits as early as April 20th
- Self-employed workers, gig workers, 1099-independent contractors and low-wage workers who have previously applied for unemployment benefits and have been denied should login to their MiWAM account to complete the next steps for PUA federal benefits. These steps will also be emailed to workers. They should not file a new claim, as that may delay the time it takes to get their benefits
- The UIA says that every eligible worker will receive their benefits.
- The UIA will be accepting claims and benefit applications back-dated to reflect the date on which the claimant was laid-off due to COVID-19, beyond the previously established 28-day period ($600 federal payment is only retroactive back to March 28).
- Eligible self-employed workers, gig workers, 1099-independent contractors, and low-wage workers will begin receiving their state benefit amount (paid with federal funds) and the $600 federal payment as early as April 20.